photo norcaltopbanner_zpsdd5d072f.jpg~original

Go Back   Norcal-LSX > Tech > Misc. Tech > Driveline Talk

Norcal-LSX Sponsors
Become A Sponsor And Advertise Your Business To The World.

Old June 28th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #16
steveh

Done! Works great on the street, can't wait to go racing and see how it does at the track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Lol, cops don't give two shits what version Sunoco you may have. Don't drive like a dumbass and you'll be fine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:18 PM   #17
2tons_of_fun

Awesome. That one you got from me was really built for racing with a crazy shift kit. I remember now that vacuum line was put on so it would shift quicker even under partial throttle.

(sold then stolen) 2015 Red ZL1 M6 VIN: G1FL1EP5F9800197

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) 2002 CHP camaro B4C

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
2tons_of_fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:29 PM   #18
steveh

That thing replaced the pcm controlled pressure regulator. Honestly, not sure why. The 94-95 tuning can adjust all that to a nats ass.

Quote:
Lol, cops don't give two shits what version Sunoco you may have. Don't drive like a dumbass and you'll be fine
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #19
2tons_of_fun

All I know is it was always in the right gear no matter what speed or throttle position.

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
Old June 28th, 2015, 03:06 PM   #20
steveh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tons_of_fun View Post
All I know is it was always in the right gear no matter what speed or throttle position.
Right on!

Quote:
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:36 AM   #21
uclsx

good work Steve
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #22
64ChevyII

Nice! What size converter did you get?

64ChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 10:41 AM   #23
steveh

Continental 12" Street/Strip, 2400-2600. Will know for sure when i can get some logs at the track.

On street tires, on the street, if I nail it from a stop, it goes up in smoke instantly.

Cruising around, I can barely feel the higher stall.

Quote:
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #24
steveh

Some thoughts post build. I started February 23rd, I finished June 27th.

Between my full time job, and the 3 businesses My wife and I have between us, and our normal day to day responsibility, IE, life, I never had any huge blocks of time to dedicate exclusively to the project. It certainly helped I used a core, and the car was drivable all the way up until 6/22.

I never worked more than a 3 or 4 hours at a time on the project. Mostly I spent anywhere from a few minutes a day to an hour whenever I could. Was not every day. Average time was 5-10 minutes.

I kept the parts organized, and made sure I only worked on areas I had time to start and finish.

Worst part was prep, IE cleaning and inspecting all the parts. I spent the most time working with may parts washer.

But I found at least 5 minutes a day i could do something.

I used good docs:
  • The Hydra-matic 4L60-E Technicianís Guide (GM OEM Doc)
  • 94 FSM
  • ATRA GM 4L60E-4L60 (700R4) Rebuild procedures

Talked to the right People:
  • Picnic_George for my Transgo hd2 kit and anything else I needed from Summit
  • Nova Pat
  • Phone a Friend, Ie, good friend who owns a Trans Shop. He grilled me many times to make sure I did not miss any steps.
  • Jim at ATO, referred me to a great company to get my parts from, Slauson in LA, when I called him to see if he could re-machine my pump half's.
  • BUILT RIGHT TRANSMISSIONS for re-machining my Pump, found them online, called them, they were cool on the phone, sent the pump half's to them. http://www.builtrighttransmissions.com/pumppage.html
  • Peter at Continental Torque Converters, Inc. http://www.ctconverters.com/

Now you guys have the list of resources that worked for me. Never be afraid to tackle a project!

Quote:

Last edited by steveh; June 29th, 2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:12 PM   #25
uclsx

But the question is how many hours did you spend fucking off with Cammy lol

Why haven't you found a legal cam to put in her yet?
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:15 PM   #26
steveh

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclsx View Post
But the question is how many hours did you spend fucking off with Cammy lol

Why haven't you found a legal cam to put in her yet?
Lol, your a funny guy!

Quote:
Old June 29th, 2015, 01:55 PM   #27
2tons_of_fun

LOL I thought you had more free time than I do but I was greatly mistaken.